This is a very tasty way to prepare squid. It might be a little too salty to eat it by itself since this is meant to be served with rice just like many other Japanese dishes. So serve with plenty of steamed rice.
I buy whole squid, but you can use any size or cuts of squid for this dish. The left over marinade needs to be heated to serve with the squid.
|Grilled Miso Squid, Ika No Miso Yaki イカの味噌焼き|| |
- 1 lb squid, cleane
- 2 tablespoon miso (preferably red miso)
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 1 scallions, chopped
- Mix miso, sake, mirin and chopped scallions in a bowl, and add squid to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Remove any excess marinade off the squid, and grill or pan fry it.
- Put the marinade into a small saucepan or a pan, and just let it reach to a boil and remove.
- Serve grilled squid with rice and extra marinade.