This recipe could be very useful when you have plenty of left over rice that you don’t know what to do with it, or when you feel lazy to cook. I created this recipe for my kids who wanted to help me with the cooking during their vacation week. If you can’t get Chinese chives, just use extra scallions.
|Rice Gallette|| |
- Canola oil for cooking
- a small bowl of cooked rice
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 Chinese chives, chopped
- 1 chopped scallion
- Katsuobushi for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- Mix cooked rice, egg, sesame oil, salt, chives and scallions in a bowl.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Scoop the rice mixture onto the pan and brown on both sides.
- Mix soy sauce and mirin for sauce, and brush the top side of browned rice mixture with sauce.
- Serve warm with katsuobushi on top if you would like.