This is a very old fashioned candy that I grew up with. Many people in my generation might not even know it or might not like it even if they do, but I really love it maybe because I grew up enjoying it with my grandparents living in my house. Anyway, I think this is a very healthy dessert, and my kids love it!
|Roasted Soy Candy, Kinako-ame きな粉あめ|| |
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1+ cups of kinako (roasted soy bean powder, please see a separate post "kinako" for how to prepare)
- Add honey brown sugar and water in a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat until all the ingredients are dissolved and have started boiling. Add kinako and mix well.
- Spread kinako out on a kneading surface and pour kinako honey mixture out on top. Knead it together with your hands, adding more kinako if necessary.
- Cut the dough into quarters, and then divide each quarter into four pieces. Roll each piece into a long, ½ inch wide rope.
- Cut the rope into one-inch size pieces. Sprinkle more kinako if you would like.
Recipe for kinako, roasted soy bean powder