Niku Miso is grounded meat with miso flavor. This can be used as a sauce for pasta or rice, can be used as a dip or even as a spread. Probably my favorite way to eat this it to eat with steamed rice or wrapped with lettuce. This is tasty even in room temperature so I often pack it with rice as a lunchbox. I am sure you will come up with your own way to use it very easily
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb ground pork (or chicken)
- 2 garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon sake
- 4 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cooked rice
- Lettuce, thinly sliced
- Scallions, chopped finely
- Nori, cut thinly
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium skillet heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant. Add meat, and cook until it cooked through.
- Add sake and cover with a lid until eggplant becomes soft.
- Add miso and sugar and dissolve miso. Add soy sauce and cook until all the liquid is gone.
- Divide rice into individual bowls. Put the meat miso mixture on top with lettuce and other garnish of your choice.
Leave a Reply